Gary M. Riebschlager joined Brent Coon & Associates in 2009. He practices primarily in the areas of personal injury, medical negligence, hospital and nursing home liability, commercial construction, and securities litigation. Over his nearly 30 years of legal experience, he has prosecuted and defended matters on behalf of clients in a wide variety of areas including: securities fraud, conversion, civil conspiracy, breach of fiduciary duty, defamation, fraudulent inducement, negligent misrepresentation, and negligence as well as Texas Deceptive Trade Practices claims.
During his career, Mr. Riebschlager has focused on protecting the "working class." With expertise and experience in cases involving the Jones Act and FELA, he has been awarded multiple settlements in excess of $1 million for his clients, including the prominent Chick Kam Chu case in which the victim was awarded $12.7 million after a 12 year appeal process.
In his years running the Jones Act/Foreign Seaman docket at the O'Quinn Lawfirm, Mr. Riebschlager has worked on both blue water and brown water cases involving jack up rigs, drilling ships, supply vessels, fixed platforms, OSCLA and rigs of all kinds.
Mr. Riebschlager helps lead Brent Coon & Associates' FELA and Maritime litigation.
- B.A., University of Houston
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, South Texas College of Law
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Texas (Trial & Appellate Courts)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas - Litigation Section
- Member, American Bar Association -Litigation Section
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Maritime/Jones Act
- Medical Negligence
- Product Liability
- Commercial Construction
- Securities Litigation